Luogo - Religious building
Cappella dei Dolori (o Perlangeli)
Where Strada Prov. le Squinzano-Torchiarolo, Squinzano (Lecce)
Rural chapel erected in 1652 in the district Perlangeli, about one kilometer from Squinzano, the estate of Don Innocenzo Gervaso. Described originally with two doors, a small bell tower and decorated with frescoes depicting St. Anthony and St. Dominic. Following a change of ownership, the main entrance spire was surmounted by the coat of arms of the De Castro, noble family of Spanish origin. In 1869, one of the heirs got to be able to bury their dead in the Chapel, then known as "Dolores".
(From a text of Prof. Angelo Cappello)