Luogo - Religious building
Where Via San Francesco D'Assisi, Squinzano (Lecce)
The Mother Church of Squinzano is dedicated to the Patron Saint Nicholas. Preserves a valuable wooden choir, carved in dark walnut in 1843 by Giuseppe Fella from Oria; some canvases placed on altars and a fresco of 1801 (the date of the restoration of the Church) on the triumphal arch of the transept, which reproduces the coat of arms of Squinzano: the eagle with spread wings. The bell tower, completed in 1658, is an example of elegant baroque, work of fellow citizen Saverio Tommasi. It's quadrangular tapered and it'is 32 meters high.