Cappella Maria Regina dei Martiri
A small church dedicated to Our Lady of Martyrs already existed at the beginning of the seventeenth century. In 1698 the Chapel was rebuilt, enlarged, with a thatched roof and decorated with frescoes. The exterior facade is essential, with a small portal surmounted by an oval window, as well as the interior: a room covered by a barrel vault with lunettes, with a single linear altar and an eighteenth century painting depicting Mary Queen of Martyrs. Until the '20s, the Chapel was attributable to the Diocesan Seminary of Lecce, while today, was "adopted" by a group of local devotees.
(From a text of Prof. Angelo Cappello)