Cappella del Calvario
The Chapel of the Visitation, better known as Calvary Chapel, is the first parish church of Squinzano. It already existed in 1559, as evidenced by the plaque on the left of the entrance. Rebuilt several times over the centuries, the original was smaller than the present: included only a part of the presbytery present today, and the span that includes the Big Chapel of the Crucifix, in front of which was placed the main entrance. Its plant changed radically in 1906, when on a design by Gaetano Marschizek, the Chapel was extended with the addition of a second span. In 1910, at the hands of the Brotherhood of Sorrows, was rebuilt the old Calvary (then again demolished and rebuilt in 1976) and a larger compartment for "Wheel of the Project", a pivoting window through which they left the abandoned babies.
(From a text of Prof. Angelo Cappello)