The Chapel of St. Savior dates from the early seventeenth century. Originally it was smaller, with roof tiles, an altar with the image of the Savior and a single entrance. It was forbidden to worship from 1640 to 1682, when it was completed the restoration. In 1741, the Chapel was equipped with a new altar. Still closed and restored, in 1907 it was made permanently accessible with the addition of a series of pillars along the side walls, a new cover and a small sacristy. In 1950 the original painting of the Transfiguration of Christ was replaced by the current, the same subject, by Antonio Valzano.
(From a text of Prof. Angelo Cappello)