The Museum is located on the first floor of the Convent of the hermitic Augustinian Fathers of Genazzano who have always governed and taken care of the Sanctuary. The monastery was rebuilt many times until it assumed its present structure between 1774 and 1777 under the architect Fagioli. The exhibition spaces occupy two parallel corridors joined in an H by a gallery, a small room, the old 18th century refectory and an upper floor. The Museum displays relics, votive offerings, holy images (oil paintings and statues), chasubles and other vestments which made up the rich artistic and manufacturing heritage of the Sanctuary. The upper floor of the museum is dedicated to the life and work of Blessed Stephen Bellesini, an Augustine and native of Trento, who lived and worked in Genazzano to serve the poor and lowly, and developed an extraordinary devotion to Our Lady of Good Counsel. Among the most important works on display, it is worth noting the 15th century statue of St. John the Baptist attributed to Andrea Bregno; a fresco and a painting of 1777-79 by G. Schopf preserved in the sacristy and the fresco depicting the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes by Thaddeus Kuntze carried (1777) on the back wall of Fagioli’s "new refectory".