Luogo - Historical building
Where Via Tuscolana, 5, Frascati (Roma)
Villa Sora is one of Pontifical Villas, formerly owned by Dukes of Sora and now Salesian School. Original structure, built in the second half of the sixteenth century, can be inferred from the engravings by Greuter (1620), according to which it was composed of a palace with a central courtyard, a lookout tower to the north, overlooking Rome, and a smaller in the east. From original structure remain the facade and the interior restored parts: central hall and a small communicating chapel. The hall, called Sala Zuccari, is enriched with frescoes and decorations by Cavalier d'Arpino.