Great noble estate to the offshoots of Tusculum, it was built in 1563, when the writer Annibale Caro bought the land from Abbey of Grottaferrata. Here he spent the last part of his life, writing famous version from Latin of Aeneid. In 1606 the villa passed to Cardinal Scipione Borghese, who was looking for a building in Frascati worthy of hosting new pontiff, his uncle Paolo V Borghese. Borghese engaged the architect Flaminio Ponzo to carry out the expansion works. In 1622 all ancient finds in the villa, about 50 pieces, were transferred to Villa Ludovisi, in Rome, which later became Roman Museum. The attached park is currently public.