Caldoresco Castle was built in 1427 by Giacomo Caldora, who became Marquis of Vasto, on the remains of a previous fortification. Ooriginal phase included a circular tower that was built between the 14th and 15th centuries. Demolished in part by insurrections, it was transformed by Innico d'Avalos d'Aragona, enhancing the pre-existing structure with angular bulwarks; other structural modifications were carried out by Cesare Michelangelo d'Avalos at the beginning of the 18th century. The castle is located on a promontory that dominates the coast and consists of four buildings that delimit an internal courtyard. In the western and northern facades elements of original structures can be seen, despite the heavy additions and substitutions of the nineteenth century. In the 80s at the Caldoresco Castle of Vasto a stamp was dedicated.