c
Museum

Museo L. Pogliaghi

Via Beata Giuliana, 5, Varese

The House Museum contains the work of the eclectic artist Lodovico Pogliaghi (Milan 1857 - Varese 1950), who designed his home as a laboratory-museum dedicated to the study and exhibition of his works and collections. The building reflects the taste of the Artist, with rooms in different architectural styles and an Italian garden full of antiquities and objects. The building belongs to the Biblioteca Ambrosiana of Milan, and was opened to the public for the first time in 1974, and then in May 2014, with a renewed construction, which tends as much as possible to the original '50s. The exhibition is divided into seven rooms: "Hall of Madonna", house precious pieces like a crucifix by Giambologna and a German "Madonna and Child"; "Hall of Telamon," one of the most heterogeneous; "Library", contains incunabula, parchments and medals of great value; "Red Room", decorated with damasks eighteenth century, mirrors and oriental works; "Golden Gallery", plays the plaster model and gilded plaster, scale 1:1, made by Pogliaghi for the bathroom of the palace of the Shah of Persia; "Atelier", the large and spectacular studio of the Artist, full of works and scale models; finally, "Esedra" a room inspired by the Pantheon, which houses a rich collection of archaeological finds.

Potrebbero interessarti