Abbazia di San Domenico
Cistercian Abbey of St. Dominic in Sora, located at the confluence of Fibreno with Liri rivers, on the ruins of native house of Marcus Tullius Cicero, was founded in 1011 by St. Dominic Abbot, commissioned by Governor of Sora. Cistercian Order founded in 1098 brought about the transition to Rule of St. Benedict, became "Charter of Western monasticism". After Abbey was entrusted to the monks, these gave to the structure Cistercian-Gothic style. Original structure had three naves, three apses on the bottom and a raised presbytery which is accessed by a staircase. Abbey church is Minor Basilica sinc 2011.