The Natural History Museum was founded in 1891 by the Rector, Francesco Benedetti. The exhibition covers an area of about 300 square meters. At the entrance there is a huge brown bear, big impact for visitors, captured in Primaluna, small village of the Valsassina, in 1886. It is one of the last exemples of bears caught in the area of the Alps. A special room exposes four volumes of very valuable herbarium, illustrated and commented by the Olate's pastor, Luigi Sacchi, in the 1850. It can also enjoy exotic and Europeans mammals, two reliquaries with samples of bird life, a shellfish harvesting invertebrates, a turtle and some sea sponges.