Fortezza di Peschiera
Peschiera Fortress is an impressive defensive work that for centuries has protected the town. It was reinforced with respect to original by Scaligeri, in particular by Mastino II of Scala, which was built Rock and the completion of City Wall. The village was thus protected on five sides by hail walls and Rocca located in the southern corner, as well as by Mincio river that surrounded, as it is today, the inhabited area. Inside the fortress, many military buildings were built over the years, enclosed by mighty brickwork walls and defended by five bastions, now called, starting from the north and clockwise: Querini Bastion, San Marco Bastion, Cantarane Bastion, Feltrin Bastion and Tognon Bastion, all built between 1551 and 1553.