Luogo - Historical building

Villa Pergolana

Where Via della Pergolana, Lazise (Verona)

In the place where Pergolana stands today, in the sixteenth century a monastery was founded by Franciscan friars. On the site of the Monastery and of Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, a palace was designed by the architect Giacomo Franco, in Lombard style, in a castle shape. The palace is surrounded by a garden built with principles of symmetry, which reaches up to the shore of Garda Lake. In 1630 the church was looted by foreign soldiers, while the villa was damaged; in 1842 the Marshal of Austrian Empire Hammestein was hosted, while during the First Italian War of Independence a department of Piedmontese soldiers lodged there.

Immagine descrittiva - CC BY-SA Di Lo Scaligero - Opera propria, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=6068426 c

Potrebbero interessarti