The State Archives of Pavia is located in St. Maiolo Complex, between Via Rezia and Cardano, it's formed by the former convent and a church of the 967 (first Cluniac monastery in Italy). The Archive is divided into two main sections: "Documentary" and "Bibliographic". The Documentary consists of 56.519 pieces of paper material and collects documents ranging from 1115 to 2005, including over 5.000 parchments and many maps; hundreds of photographs and slides; microfilm and thousands of seals and stamps. The bibliographic heritage, on the second floor, consists of 13.051 volumes. The Archive offers many services to the public: "Study Room", "Room of Searches for Correspondence", photocopying service and consultation of the Library. The Archive offers educational activities and participates in cultural events of the Ministry of Culture.