It is located in the heart of the historical center, close to the Spanish Quarter. The ancient Largo of Charity was always a popular and bustling market. In 1802 the market was drastically reduced. In the fascist period the Square was enlarged eastwards, losing the old triangular shape, and the main buildings were built around. Today, the Square welcomes what several major roads and in the center, the monument to the hero of the Resistance, Salvo D'Acquisto.