Castello di Nisida
The Castle is located on the Nisada Isle, in the Flegree Islands. Probably the Anjou, the building was converted in the sixteenth century as part of the defense system planned by the Viceroy Don Pedro de Toledo against the incursions of the famous pirate Barbarossa. During the epidemic plague of 1626, the Castle was used as a hospital; in the Bourbon period, as a prison. In 1933 the spaces below have been adapted to accommodate the Juvenile Penitentiary: the administrative offices are located on the top floor; opposite the entrance there are the dormitory, school, refectory and outside the playing fields. The "Factory of the Arts" is open to the visitors.