The beautiful nineteenth-century residence of the Acton family, purchased in 1841 by bankers Rothschild, was sold in 1867 to the Pignatelli Cortes of Aragon. The elegant neoclassical building (1826) which now houses the museum is divided into 3 levels: the portion of the gardens boardrooms, private accommodation on the upper floor, the basement service areas. The Princess Rosina Pignatelli in 1952 donated to the Italian State, the villa and its collection of art, so that it came up a museum dedicated to her husband. On the ground floor, in the permanent collection, the assets of the Pignatelli family consists of artifacts from the applied arts (silver, furniture nineteenth century, including the famous bronze of Narcissus V. Groan), Italian and European ceramics (XVIII-XIX c.). On the 1st floor, the precious collection of paintings and drawings (from '500 to '900) owned by Sanpaolo Banco di Napoli. Finally, beyond the beautiful garden, the Carriage Museum nineteenth century (named after the Marquis Mario D'Alessandro Civitanova), manufacture of both foreign (French and English), and Italian.