Luogo - Point of interest
Where Piazza Era, Lecco
District of Lecco on the left bank of the Adda river. In the seventeenth century was a village where the inhabitants were granted the right to fish in the river stretch facing the country. In 1576 it was built a Capuchin monastery, which was built next to the St. Francis's Churcho. It is the only place of Lecco explicitly mentioned by Alessandro Manzoni in "The Betrothed": in Pescarenico it was the Capuchin monastery where he lived Fra' Cristoforo and, from this village, will depart by boat to escape Lucia from Don Rodrigo.