Castello di Gesualdo
The origins of the Castle date back to the middle of the seventh century (longobard era). The building complex is delimited by four circular turrets with curtain walls enclosed by rivellini and with central courtyard, in which there is a fine well of well worked. As a defensive outpost, with the marriage of Carlo Gesualdo and Eleonora D'Este and the transfer of the court and the musical cenacle (late '500), it transforms into a noble residence of Renaissance style. In 1855 the Castle became the property of Caccese family with a profound structural transformation. Acquired by the Municipality of Gesualdo and the Province of Avellino at the beginning of the two thousand years, after a long recovery, it was reopened to the public in August 2015.