Basilica di Maria Santissima Annunziata
The present Church stands on the ruins of the ancient St. Nicholas of Myra's Church, certainly earlier than 1125. The 1693 earthquake damaged much of the building, which was rebuilt from scratch by architect G. B. Cascione Vaccarini. The works lasted for many years, without which the Church was completed. In the second half of the nineteenth century it was built the imposing dome, completed in 1885; in 1896 was built one of the two bell towers following the original drawings by Vaccarini. The interior has a Latin cross plant, with three naves with barrel vault supported by ten large arches that rest on cylindrical columns. Among the works, an Assumption of Mary by Narcisus Guidonius (1605); a baptistery in white marble and bronze by Mario Rutelli, completed in 1912 and two paintings by Salvatore Fiume on the central apse.