Religious building

Chiesa del Collegio dei Gesuiti

Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 17, Trapani

Original building dates back to the mid-seventeenth but after a collapse in 1696, it was rebuilt on a design by Vincenzo Cascio. The facade, divided by "campanedda" local stone, presents a first order caratterizzata by cornices, pilasters and broken pediments, and a second order enriched by Baroque elements, scrolls, statues and a central window. The main entrance has four twisted columns, Baroque decorations and a gable raised. The interior has three naves, with columns and serliana arches, decorated with stucco by Bartolomeo Sanseverino. Following a recent restoration we can admire marble icon depicting the Virgin Mary and the wooden closet of the sacristy. The organ, painted with flowers and gold lacquer, is of 1711.

Potrebbero interessarti