Basilica-Santuario di Maria Santissima Annunziata
The Church was built in 1300 and enlarged in the eighteenth century, it preserves the precious Parian marble statue of the Madonna of Trapani, a Madonna and Child attributed to Nino Pisano. It is the most famous Marian Shrine in western Sicily, belonging to the Fund for Religious Buildings. Attached to the Church is the Convent of the Carmelite Fathers. Inside, the Church houses a chapel built in 1586 to hold a silver statue-reliquary of St. Albert of the Abbots, precious work by Vincenzo Bonaiuto. Next, it is still preserved the cell where the Saint lived, which houses the remains of Blessed Luigi Rabatà. Under the altar, still remains (whole body) of St. Clemente Martyr. The nave, with sixteen columns and stucco with silver, was transformed in 1742 to a design by Giovanni Biagio Amico, in Baroque and Renaissance style. A rosette radiating above the main portal. In front of the Basilica lies the Villa Pepoli Garden; to the right of the facade, the Regional Museum, which exhibits the Madonna's Treasury.