St. Lowrence's Cathedral is the main place of Catholic worship of Trapani. Built at the behest of Alfonso the Magnanimous, in 1421, over the centuries it was modified several times: the present appearance dates back to the eighteenth century restoration by architect Giovanni Biagio Amico. Between 1794 and 1801 they were made all the decorations in stucco and paintings. The facade is in Baroque style and has a porch at the bottom and a curved at the top. The porch consists of three bays, with rounded arches to the outside. The gate that closes the porch is made of bronze and iron, designed by Ennio Tesei in 1990. The top of the facade, without crowning, is decorated with Ionic pilasters and has a bell tower with a spire covered with polychrome majolica.