Santarcangelo di Romagna c
Comune

Santarcangelo di Romagna

Santarcangelo di Romagna, (Rimini)

Santarcangelo di Romagna (Romagnol: Santarcànzul) is a town and comune in the province of Rimini, Emilia-Romagna, Italy, on the Via Emilia. As of 2009, it had a population of some 21,300. It is crossed by two rivers, the Uso and the Marecchia. Main monuments Triumphal Arch (1772–77) was designed by the architect Cosimo Morelli. In front of the Arch there is the Town Hall of the mid-1800s, built on designs by Giovanni Benedettini Belltower Monumental Public Grotto Historic and Archaeological Museum Collegiate Church, built between 1744 and 1758 by the architect Giovan Francesco Malatesta Fortress (private property of the Colonna family), built in 1386 and of a structure with three polygonal bastions completed by Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta in 1447 Festival Santarcangelo dei Teatri is an international festival dedicated to the contemporary scene. The spectacles are held in the streets and squares of the city. It produces and promotes theatre and dance, with a special attention to interdisciplinary experiences and international cooperation dynamics. Started in 1971 with a strong political impulse, Santarcangelo Festival was called “International Square Theatre Festival”. Under the art direction of Piero Patino, it wanted to weave political requests linked to the movements of 1968 and the folklore inborn in the cultural tradition of Romagna. External links Official website Thayer's Gazetteer Santarcangelo dei Teatri (the annual theater festival) Santarcangelo di Romagna Santarcangelo di Romagna Sources

Places