Monument

Castello di Racconigi

Via Morosini, 3, Racconigi, (Cuneo)
Old stronghold transformed into a castle by the Marquises of Saluzzo and acquired by the Savoy Dynasty in 1605. The Prince Emanuele Filiberto entrusted the enlargement and transformation into an aristocratic villa to Guarino Guarini in 1676. The façade facing the park and the central pavilion closing the internal courtyard were part of the Guarini project.The works were interrupted and resumed in 1755, entrusted to Giovanni Battista Borra who made the neoclassical main façade. Guarino Guarini in the 17th century and Pelagio Palagi in the 19th made the internal transformations.Inside there are many halls decorated and furnished with works of art and furniture from the 17th to the 20th century. Some of the most magnificent halls of the castle are: the Diana hall, with stucco bas-reliefs from the 18th century, and the reading room. Behind the castle there is a large, magnificent park, in which the greenhouses and the "Margherie" complex are found, made of various rooms related to hunting. It was built in 1834 from Pelagio Palagi¿s design.

Potrebbero interessarti