Battistero di Grado
Baptistery of Grado is an early Christian monument that rises in historical center of the city, next to Basilica of Sant'Eufemia. It has an octagonal shape, with a hexagonal basin and its construction dates back to the 6th century. The exterior is in terracotta and has eight tall windows, one on each side; current entrance, facing west, is of recent construction, while the ancient gate has been walled up. The interior is very simple: mosaic floor has geometric and floral decorations and an inscription, dedicated to the cubicularius Sesinio. In the middle, baptismal font is hexagonal. The altar stands in an apse carved into the eastern side and is illuminated by three windows and decorated with sculptural fragments. The wooden ceiling was rebuilt in 1933 on the basis of original building.