Luogo - Historical building

Palazzo Comunale

Where Piazza della Repubblica, Foligno (Perugia)

The original core of the building is thirteenth, butit  was completely rebuilt between 1546 and 1642, when were merged the Priori and the Captain Palces. Already damaged by the earthquake of 1832, which required the reconstruction of the facade, in Neoclassical style designed by Antonio Mollari (1835-1838), it saw the collapse of the ancient Medieval tower. The exterior is characterized by solemn Neoclassical colonnade. The interior shows the stratification have occurred in its long history. The Council Room has a stone fireplace of 1547 and a decorative painting of historical subject by Mariano Piervittori (1883-1887). The building also gives access to the "Painted Loggia", built by the Trinci family in fifteenth century and decorated with frescoes in monochrome with Theological Virtues, and externally, with seven heads from the Roman period (today at Trinci Palace) symbolizing the seven ages of man. The Palace is now home to the Municipal Museum Institution, dedicated to the history of Foligno, with documents, ancient customs, symbols, objects and furnishings dating from the fifteenth to the nineteenth century.

Immagine descrittiva - Wikipedia c
Risparmia sul tuo hotel -

Potrebbero interessarti