Where Perspective now stands, there was a gateway to the city of Ferrara through the walls. It was erected at the expense of Commune between 1703 and 1704, by Francesco Mazzarelli. Original project consisted of three arches and decorated with marble coats of arms. It was transformed and enlarged by adding two lateral passages in the twentieth century when the course was enlarged. The structure consists of a large monumental arch and constitutes scenic background of one of the most important city arteries.