Opened in 1983, the museum is housed in the rooms annexed to the watermill where the painter Innocente Salvini (1889-1979) was born and worked throughout his life. Some of the large canvases created in the 1920s are on permanent view. In the other three rooms works are exhibited on a rotating basis according to specific themes or temporary exhibitions of other artists are held. On the external walls of the building there are frescoes by Salvini (recently restored) and by the painters Rossi and Minoretti. The mill structure made up of two runners and two bedstones, restored in 1998 thanks to the European project Hidràulic, is in working order.