Luogo - Historical building
Where Largo Porta Napoli, 14, Capua (Caserta)
Porta Napoli, whose name derives from the original function of access to the city of Capua for those who came from Naples, was originally placed at the Castle of Stones and was moved after the construction of new bastions (XVI century). The structure, a project of Ambrose Attendolo built between 1577 and 1581 (as we learn from a lost inscription), consists of a triumphal arch resting on Doric semi-columns with pedestal, surmounted by an architrave and a cornice. The Gate has a sculptural decoration depicting trophies of arms and winged victories.