Chiesa di Santa Maria degli Angeli (la Vetere)
St. Mary of Angels (called the Vetere) is located near Pietrarossa Castle. Built in Norman times, in 1601 Church was given to Minor Friars who, thanks to the donations by Countess Louise de Luna y Vega performed a restoration. A further restoration was carried out since 1740 to 1771. In 1867, during an outbreak, Convent was used as hospital and later, in 1873, Church was finally closed for worship and abandoned. We can now see the floor plant typically Norman, consisting of a single nave, and some precious decorative elements on the outside, the first of the major western portal in sandstone with a pointed arch supported by four cylindrical columns with capitals.