Castello di Pietrarossa
It is one of the oldest buildings in the city. It is situated besides St. Mary of Angels's Church, near ancient Arab quarter and dominatesSalso valley. Origin of Castle is still a matter of debate: the most accepted version wants it built by Byzantines between 750 and 800. Castle was scene of various events under Angevin. In 1407 began its period of decline; in 1567 the fort collapsed in the earthquake, remained standing but a few embankments, two towers and a guard tower. In 1591 they were begun some maintenance work that came to transform Castle into a quarry. Following renovations in 1600 was found the body of Adelasia, grandson of Roger de Hauteville, surrounded by a ring of copper which indicated her name.