Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta e San Cassiano (Duomo di Bressanone)
The first track of Cathedral dates back to the tenth century. Subsequently, over the remains of the church destroyed by fire, Cathedral was built in Romanesque styleand, between 1745 and 1754, rebuilt in Baroque style as it is seen today. Duomo houses the relics of patron saints and 14 bishops succeeded after the consecration of the building, which also mention the monuments along the pillars and inscriptions on the floor transept. The large portal draws access to Jerusalem, "Gate of Heaven", echoed the octagon in the transept, the image of "New Life". On the vault can be seen frescoes by Paul Troger, one of the most important Baroque painters of South Tyrol. The walls are covered by as many as 33 different types of marble. There are three ancient organs, one of which with 3335 reeds. South of the temple complex is located Cloister of the tenth century, with its Gothic frescoes on 15 arches and a cycle dating back to the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. Cloister is also access to Church of Our Lady, with Romanesque frescoes of 1220, and Baptistery of San Giovanni, with contemporary frescoes and a marble baptismal font of the first millennium.