Castello di Brunico - Messner Mountain Museum
Brunico Castle was built in 1251 by Prince Bishop of Bressanone Bruno von Kirchberg. The bishop's rooms have been completely renovated during the last restoration in 1900, a time when the chapel was also built in Gothic Revival style, as well as the altar triptych. Also merit attention stained glass with Habsburgs's embleme. Castle is easily accessible by a walk up the hill from downtown. The entrance is through the south gate, where once there was a drawbridge. Inside there is a courtyard with a round tower. In 2011 Reinhold Messner has got the ability to use one wing of the castle for his fifth "Messner Mountain Museum".