Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta (Duomo Nuovo)
It was erected between 1604 and 1825 on the area where Early Christian Basilica of Saint Peter de Dom (V-VI century) stood. It has an overall homogeneous structure, the only element betraying long service life of the factory, which lasted for about 230 years, the marriage that is felt inside, but above all in the facade, between Baroque and Neoclassical style. The facade reveals itself as the most characteristic element of the building: Botticino marble is symmetrical and develops on two orders. The interior, majestic and solemn, is set on a Greek cross, with a single nave bordering large center of the building overlaid by the dome, the third largest in Italy. The four plumes are attached to the marble busts of Evangelists. There are eight chapels, where there are numerous works of art coming from Old Cathedral, first of all monumental Arch of St. Apollonius, remarkable example of Renaissance Brescia sculpture attributed to Gasparo Cairano (1508-10). There are also two monumental organs: Mascioni Opus (1968) and Tonoli-Porro (1855).