Luogo - Historical building

Palazzo della Gran Guardia

Where Via degli Alpini, 11, Verona

Its construction was long and difficult: it began in seventeenth century to finish only in 1843. In 800, when it was decided its completion, did not know its, but today it is believed that the design is by Domenico Curtoni, grandson of famous Verona architect Michele Sanmicheli. The structure consists of a porch less than thirteen arches that gives a strong sense of light and dark. The upper part is composed by fifteen windows, with triangular and curved cover pages, double spaced by classical columns. Great Guard is now used for exhibitions and conferences. In 2007 the building hosted the exhibition of Mantegna.

Potrebbero interessarti