Ponte di Castelvecchio
The bridge was built between 1354 and 1356 under the rule of Cangrande II della Scala in order to ensure Fortress of Castelvecchio an escape. Bridge was daring work for the period, with arches of different widths and pylons studied in relation to the flow of the river. Entire lower part of the structure is made by stone, while the upper part is made by brick, typical material of Medieval Verona. The path along the bridge is defended by crenellated walls dovetail, with walkways and loopholes, as well as the imposing tower towards the city and a tower, partially eliminated by France in the nineteenth century.