St. Martin is the oldest church built after the advent of Christianity in Syracuse. The apse and the columns that surround it are around sixth century AC. The portal, dating back to Aragonese age, is in limestone modulated by beams, columns and capitals with floral motifs. In front, it appears below the monogram of Christ, the coat of arms of Aragon House and the date 1388. The rose window was rebuilt during the restoration of 1905-19. The interior has basilica plant with transept and three naves divided by pillars. In the Church it was preserved an altarpiece now kept at Palazzo Bellomo Museum.