Museum

Galleria Regionale Palazzo Bellomo

Ronco Bellomo, 11, Siracusa

It was inaugurated in 1948 with a first museological arrangement, but only in the seventies came to the completion of the construction. Among the collections, they remember the two sarcophagi of Governors of Reginal Chamber, John Çabastida and John Cardenas. In extensive art gallery it is preserved "Annunciation" by Antonello da Messina, 1474, and collections of sacred silver. Bellomo Palace is a building of the XIII-XIV century that has two construction phases: Swabian, identifiable in the structure ramparts of the ground floor and Gothic portal, and fifteenth phase, identifiable throughout the upper floor.

Potrebbero interessarti