Palace was built in 1575 on the site of original Aldobrandeschi fortress of Santa Fiora. Original fortification, which are currently two towers leaning against the building, was built around the year one thousand and in the second half of the thirteenth century it became seat of power of County of Santa Fiora. Then the district went to Sforza family. Sforza-Cesarini Palace is presented as impressive complex made up of a series of bodies of factory aligned and characterized by wall structures in stone, on which there are rectangular windows and doors round arched. Stylistic features are typical of late sixteenth century, except Gothic arch gate. Inside, two cycles of valuable seventeenth-century frescoes. Aldobrandeschi's Tower, square in section, has windows on different levels and a series of slots; Clock Tower, lower, shows a square section with a high and mighty scarp foundation and the clock that gives it its name. Since 2002 Palace, as well as being the Town Hall, houses Museum of Mercury Mines of Mount Amiata.