Abbazia di San Salvatore
Abbey is sacred building which gives its name to the city. Tradition has it that Benedictine complex, as evidenced by 762, was founded by Lombard Duke Ratchis. Lived heyday from the tenth to the twelfth century; in 1782 it was suppressed. The church, built in 1035, has a facade tall and narrow, flanked by two towers, unfinished one on the right and embattled the other. Present appearance is partly the result of restoration of the '30s. The interior has a Latin cross, has a polychrome wooden crucifix from the late twelfth century and the works by Francescola Nasini "Legend of Duke Rachis" (1652) and "Martyrdom of St. Bartholomew" (1694). The crypt is characterized by the presence of thirty-two columns with capitals, each decorated with a different reason as they are different in the columns.