Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta
Primitive Cathedral of Rieti dates back to the sixth century and was dedicated to St. Mary. This was rebuilt in the twelfth century by local bishop Benincasa and was consecrated by Pope Honorius III in 1225. Baptistery is of fourteenth century, while dates from 1458 porch. The main facade, with porch and bell tower overlooking Piazza Cesare Battisti. The porch also has a double arch leading onto Piazza Mariano Vittori, on the right side of the church. On this square stands Episcopal Palace, attached to Cathedral, with a facade preceded by a portico surmounted by a loggia and circular rose window. Some areas of Cathedral and its surroundings are part of the exhibition of Diocesan Museum of Ecclesiastical Heritage.