Luogo - Castle
Castello di Drugolo
Where Via Drugolo, 2, Lonato del Garda (Brescia)
Drugolo Castle (or Averoldi Castle) is a fortress dating back to the tenth century mail at Drugolo, old village north of Lonato del Garda, in the province of Brescia. The imposing structure, with Ghibelline battlements, perhaps of Lombard, is a square with two corner towers. It stands on a high scarp wall, surrounded by perimeter walls that enclose also St. Michael's Church (XII century). Owned by Vimercati family of Milan until 1436, later it went to Averoldi of Brescia, Lanciani Rocca and, currently, to the Barons Lanni of Quara.