The Museum of the Basilica church of Gandino was initially conceived by Provost Giovanni Bonzi and it has been firstly opened on December 15th 1929 with the purpose of keeping all together the great number of art pieces that belongs to our Parish. One of the first of his kind in the whole Italy, it preserves the great treasures that has been donated to Gandino's church by the faith, the generosity and the cultural ambition of the community, expecially they have been gifted by the richest families living in Gandino since XV century. This proget was even well supported by the priest Angelo Roncalli who ofthen used to vist Gandino. The Museum has been placed in the Second Priest's house, a 4 centuries-old palace, in the nearby of the Basilica, but this was not big enough to host such a great collection, so it has been restructured and expanded in 1963 under the order of Provost Antonio Giuliani. In the 80s Provost Alessandro Recanati ordered a second enlargement of the Museum area in which have been set the Textile's and Presepi's sections.