Luogo - Religious building
Santuario di San Francesco di Paola
Where Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 1, Corigliano Calabro (Cosenza)
Church of Saint Francis of Paola, today Sanctuary, was built by Saint along eponymous convent between 1476 and 1478, during which he stayed in Corigliano. The interior has a single nave, a coffered ceiling, a valuable wooden choir of 1776, by Pasquale Pelusio; on the wall of presbytery a painting by Felice Vitale from Maratea, "Triumph of the Name of Jesus" (possibly in 1584) and above the latter a "Holy Trinity" by Pietro Negroni. The church houses also the oldest known representation of Saint Francis of Paola.