Historical building

Torre del Cupo (Schiavonea)

Viale Salerno, 2, Corigliano Calabro, (Cosenza)

Schiavonea, marina village in municipality of Corigliano Calabro, traps as a fishing village and harbor, was identified before 1583 with Tower of Cupo, two-story quadrangular building with central recesses used as a lookout point and coastal defense, integral part of Calabrian fortified structures of the sixteenth century. Tower has great historical and artistic interest for its role in military affairs and what to do for commercial role (also known as "Taverna") owned before noble families of Sanseverino and Saluzzo.

Potrebbero interessarti