Chiesa di San Domenico
The Church of St. Dominic was built in the seventeenth century. Originally dedicated to the Virgin and St. Anne, assumed its present name in the early nineteenth century, after the demolition of the old church of the Dominicans. The facade, runs on two orders and is flanked by a brick bell tower of the eighteenth century. The interior has a nave with side chapels, and is rich in valuable biblical themed decorations by G.B. Gianni. The first chapel on the right is decorated with the stories of the "Prodigal Son", the "Punishment of Adam and Eve", and the "Sacrifice of Isaac" and "Jacob Wrestling with the Angel" on the ceiling; the second chapel houses instead, "The Annunciation" and "Birth of the Virgin". Worthy of note are the altarpiece of "St. Joseph Calasanzio", a work of 1790 by Giacinto Diana, and the painting of the "Holy Rosary" by Giacomo Farelli (1679). Valuable are the pulpit with inlaid burl, the polychrome marble altar and the monumental eighteenth-century organ. The Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art is accessed by the presbytery, and contains works mainly from the Cathedral and the Town Hall (a wooden crucifix from the second half of the '400; the wooden bust of St. Antony, dating back to the' 500, and fragments frescoes of the XIV and XV).