Cattedrale di San Michele Arcangelo (Duomo di Caserta)
On May 30, 1822 was laid the first stone of Patturelli and Bianchi's project, but in 1837 it took over the project architect Pietro Valente, who reworked previous design and redesigned the apse. His intervention contributed greatly to accentuate the unitary and neoclassical style of the building, which opened in 1842, at the presence of King Ferdinand II and his wife Maria Teresa, dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel. During the Second World War the Church was bombed, bringing considerable damage to the structures and paintings, mostly restored by designer of San Carlo Theatre, Luigi Taglialatela. In 1999 it was made bronze door of the main entrance by sculptor Battista Marello. In 2014, on designed by architects Francesco Venezia and Paolo Di Caterina, they were restored underground areas of crypts and back garden. The main facade is characterized by a staircase in Bellona stone and is divided into two tiers. The two niches in the upper part of the front house the plaster statues of St. Michael the Archangel and St. Sebastian. The three entrance doors leading to a three naves separated by columns. The roof of main nave is made up of drawers decorated in stucco. The aisles are home to a number of altars, while the area of the apse is painted with the board of the twelve Apostles and some biblical episodes.