Luogo - Historical building
Where Piazza della Prefettura, Caserta
Palazzo Vecchio is former seat of Counts of Caserta, built in the twelfth century from a tower built by Pandolfo of Capua. It was restored and enlarged by Giulio Antonio Acquaviva of Aragon in the sixteenth century. It hosted Cardinals and Viceroy of Naples. It was acquired by Charles III of Bourbon in 1750, becoming temporary seat of royal family until the completion of Royal Palace. Hosted Jakob Philipp Hackert and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. It currently houses Prefecture and Police Headquarters in Caserta.